Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Clock - 19/52

I debated about whether or not to include this photo, but it didn't seem right to skip over this aspect of life with Iris.

Photo of two pill bottles with Iris lying down out of focus in the background.
The Clock - 19/52

Every eight hours, I pick up the pill bottles.  That's the clock that our lives run on.

Iris comes running every time she hears me pick up the bottles.  I hide her pills inside a little bit of peanut butter.  Or canned food.  Either way, she comes running whenever she hears anyone in the house pick up any bottle of pills.  We joke that she has a drug seeking problem.  Although I'm pretty sure she just can't understand why humans don't hide their pills in peanut butter.

2 comments:

Katrin said...

I remember that 12hr clock from Obi. And the every 8hr clock with James. Not a fun clock to be run by but necessary.

Blue said...

Exactly! Not fun, but if every 8 hrs is what it takes to give Iris a mostly normal life, then that's the clock we'll live with.