Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Limping

Poor Iris has been limping off and on for about a month now.  We've already been to see the vet once and he felt that it was just a pulled muscle in her right front shoulder (of course when I brought her in, she was prancing around showing no symptoms at all).  He gave her front leg and shoulder a really thorough exam and she showed no sign of pain, so we decided to wait and see instead of doing x-rays at the time.

Over the last week, her limp had almost completely gone away, but of course after traveling for the holidays, it seems to have gotten worse again.  She really only limps at night, and it's definitely worse on days that she does a lot of running around.  Now I'm debating about what to do next.  I could take her back to her regular vet for x-rays and bloodwork (she hasn't been tested for lyme recently), but it just seems to be acting like an injury or maybe arthritis.  She is 9 1/2 years old now, and her balance really isn't what it used to be before she started on phenobarb.

I am going to make her an appointment with the chiropractor next week.  I probably should have done that weeks ago, but I've been so busy with work before the holidays that I just haven't had the chance to get her in.  She already gets glucosamine and fish oil daily.

I miss being able to take my girl out for a walk.

No comments: