Saturday, November 12, 2011

Missing Summer

Turning the clocks back last weekend really made me start wishing for summer. Sunset at 4:30pm is just too early!  Since I just realized that I never shared these photos here, I thought we could all use a taste of summer.

One of my favorite summer walks with Iris is the Cranberry Bogs.  It really is a gorgeous spot!  Plus it's right down the street, which made it so easy to head over there after I'd finished working for the day.

Iris walking along the path through the cranberry bogs.
The Bogs - 28/52

I don't know what it is about this next photo, but I just love Iris' expression here.  I'm not really sure where she's going with this "one ear up, one ear back" look.  She is such a goof!

Iris looking at the camera with one ears up and one back
One Up One Down - 29/52

Because it's such a beautiful spot, we always see other people walking their dogs.  The bogs are so open, you can see folks coming from a ways off so it isn't really too much of an issue.  The funny thing is, I know Iris well enough that I can tell how close someone is just by watching her expression change.  In the above photo, there was no one around at all.  She was nice and relaxed.  If you look at her expression in the next photo, you can tell that she's watching someone else and their dog walking on the path.  She's just about hitting the point where I have to stop taking photos of her and get her walking again.  And all that without me ever turning around to look!

Iris - 31/52
Guarding the Path - 31/52

In this next one, Iris isn't actually looking at anything in particular.  She's just sick of looking at me!  Eventually, she gets really annoyed with the camera and won't pose anymore.  Such a diva!

Iris looking off to the side with purple flowers behind her.
Look Away - 32/52

She just doesn't understand the point of sitting around when we could be walking.  Or running.  Or sniffing things.  Or staring at other dogs.  If the possibilities are endless, why bother sitting around?

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Wow, Cranberry Bogs IS a gorgeous place!! NO WONDER everyone wants to go there!! :-D
For WHATEVER reason, my Beagle/German Shepherd cross, Rose does NOT enjoy getting her pictures taken.... I swear that she understands the word "camera", even!! MY BRIGHT GIRL.... Whenever I mention "camera", she MOVES!! Oh well. At least I DO have some good snapshots of her.... ;op

Nicki said...

Pretty shots! I don't like the time change either.