Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tug Toys

I think we may have a winner....


A red fox for the red dog! I've been trying to build some toy motivation with Iris. Her favorite toy is still The Beagle, but I wanted to get her excited about playing with me. She shunned any "standard" rope tug toys. The only toy she would play with was stuffed animal type toys, which would last all of 5 min before the toy tore apart.

The fox is a stuffing-free Coleman Dog toy, but it does have a squeaker in it. It is by far the most durable stuffed animal toy I've seen. It was a little on the expensive side, but considering that it's the only plush toy that Iris hasn't destroyed in a matter of minutes, I think it was worth it. So far, the only damage is to the underside of tail (the upper body is fur on both sides). The body and back legs are a solid piece of fabric, so the only seam to worry about is between the tail and the body. Even that is holding up fine, although it would be easy to reinforce the seam if it starts to tear. They also make a skunk and a raccoon. I might pick up the raccoon as a back-up, though the buffalo looks like it has potential too.


Iris gives Colman toys two paws up for durability.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I am glad to hear Ms. iris has found a toy she cannot destroy, or rather her mum has.

I think, if I am not mistaken, that Baxter Black is a big fan of those too. Sounds like a toy the Bug would adore....

ann-and-partner said...

Great picture Blue! Iris looks like a gentle beauty!!