Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beach Fun!

So this is where we've been hanging out for the last few weekends.


Gorgeous? Yes. Probably too much driving? Also yes. Worth it? Absolutely.

Hey! What's all that stuff?

Pfftttt!!!! Definitely NOT water! Yuck!


Is the water hiding in the shells? Pffttt! That's not water either!
Hey! I thought you said there was water at the beach?

I quickly discovered that it's a bit of challenge to photograph a dog that wants to be right here:


I shouldn't complain! Part of me really wanted her to go out a little ways so I could actually get some shots of her, but I was actually pretty pleased that she was so willing to stick around.

Instead, we practiced stays...


...and recalls!


Notice that NONE of her paws are actually touching the ground. She thought it was just the greatest game ever if I asked her stay, walked way down the beach, called her, and then started running. Retrievers chase balls, herders chase.... people? Silly girl. Not necessarily a safe game to play while holding camera. I almost got run over numerous times.


It seems a certain Aussie doesn't always understand how to slow down!

We saw these guys almost every time we went. Iris was very interested, but also very good (she was on a leash at that point).


We even waved to this guy when he flew over us. Very cool!


And then time for some more running...


SPRING!!!

I suppose the big question is, does she ever stop running? Maybe, by the very end she starts to get a little tired. Tired, but VERY happy.


When the sky starts looking like this, I take that as a cue that it's time for us to head home.


I'm going to see if any of the more northern beaches allow dogs still now that we've lost Horseneck to the birds.

Goodbye Horseneck until the fall!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh my goodness! What a happy Aussie. Those are some great shots, Blue.