Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolution

My photography related resolution this year is to improve my lighting skills.  So, it's only appropriate that I somehow manage to include my dog.

This year, I want to participate in the 52 Weeks for Dogs project.  I believe the project started out as a Flickr group.  The basic idea is that you take one photo of your dog each week and share it with the group.  While I'm not planning on participating in the Flickr group, I will be posting all 52 photos on this blog.  I know there are a few other bloggers out there who participate in this (Dig-it Fetch-it Herd-it comes to mind).

I'm hoping that by committing to shooting Iris each week, I'll also be pushing myself to experiment a lot more with my techniques.  Even though I'm hoping to do a lot more client sessions in 2011, I tend to shy away from experimenting during a client shoot.  If I can get all my experimenting and practicing done with Iris where there's no real pressure, I'll be much more confident playing around with different techniques during a client photo sessions.  That's my hope anyway!

1 comment:

Katrin said...

Great goal! Can't wait to see your shots of the red dog! :-)