Friday, May 13, 2011

Birch Trees - 15/52

Iris posed in among the birch trees.  She's pretty far away from the camera so she looks tiny compared to the trees.

Iris posed in from of a cluster of tall white birch trees.
Birch Trees - 15/52

Here's a shoot I did a few weeks ago but haven't had the chance to share yet.  I did post the final image (above) on my photo blog, but I really wanted to share some of the outtakes here.  Because there were A LOT of outtakes!  (Outtakes brought to you with minimal editing...)

I took Iris over to a new park to get some landscape-type photos, and I immediately fell in love with this cluster of birch trees.  Iris did not.  I think it was probably a combination of being in a new place, it being VERY windy out, and my forgetting to bring the usual bribe (supermodels don't work for free, you know!) added to the fact that I only had a 6ft leash so I kept having to tie her up to get far enough back (my roommate later asked me why I didn't bring the 30ft long line.  Which is a very good question.  And maybe something I should remember next time).  I ended up with a dog would refused to look at the camera.  I pretty much had to wait until she just happened to look at the camera for a split second.

Iris sitting in the cluster of birch trees refusing to look at the camera

Iris standing near the birch trees far away from the camera.  Still not looking at the camera

Yup, she's still not looking at me.  Actually, she thinks the whole thing is pretty funny.

Iris has her mouth open panting.  It looks just like she's laughing at the camera.
(click on above photo for slightly larger view)

Ok.  It is kind of funny.

Another view of Iris refusing to look at the camera.  Her body is facing me, but her head is turned completely the wrong way.

It might be starting to get less funny and more boring.  Definitely boring now.

In this photo she's sitting down looking at the ground.  She's still ignoring me.

I did (finally) manage to get the shots I was looking for.  Without much help from the red dog.  Next time I'll remember the bribe.  Until then, she's not looking.

Iris is much closer to the camera now.  The wide angle lens makes her look like she has huge feet.

No comments: