Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life's Details - 18/52

Having a dog really does change all the details in your life. The first thing I do in the morning is take Iris out. Then she gets her pills and I make her breakfast. All this before I do anything resembling taking care of myself. Vacation? Planned around whether I can bring the dog. Day trips? Iris is included. Grocery shopping generally includes buying more meat than you would ever expect a vegetarian to purchase. Even the furniture in the house is arranged to better accommodate crates and dog beds. Yup, dogs really do change all the details. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

black and white photo of Iris' paw in my hand
Details - 18/52

I knew I wanted to do a photo with Iris' paw and my hand, so I ended up taking about 40 shots, all somewhat different variations.  Iris was really not impressed with sitting through that many photos.  After all that, of course I ended up using the second photo I shot (don't tell Iris!)  Someday I'll learn to trust myself.

No comments: