Monday, May 26, 2008

Weaves #5

Iris was awesome in class on Thurs! Actually she's been awesome all week. Even just practicing, she's a lot more enthusiastic than she's been. I don't know what exactly happened, but whatever it was, I'm glad it did! Maybe she's starting to understand what I want so she's happier to do weaves? Or my "real person" things are starting to sort themselves out, so I'm more relaxed? Who knows. But I'll take it!

Iris seemed to have a lot of fun doing the course and was a lot more focused than she's been. It was really cool to see. Even when she was waiting her turn, she did really well giving attention and playing little games (targeting, backing up, etc) outside of her crate while a couple of the other dogs were practicing (I think I had her out during Makin and Carmen's turns. My memory is a little fuzzy now, but I do remember that she was doing really well).

While we were cleaning up at the end of class, Iris got to run around the barn. She seemed pretty happy about that. I wish I had a space like that for her to romp around at home. Now we'll have to see how this week goes. I start a new job tomorrow, so Iris' routine is going to be all switched around.

1 comment:

Jules said...

She was great! Obviously you are doing great at being cooler than dirt too!