Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Dog's Life - 6/52

Photo of Iris.  She's asleep on the couch with her head on a pillow and and front paws wrapped around the pillow.
 A Dog's Life - 6/52

I'm not sure Iris quite understands that she's actually a dog.  Iris often sleeps on the couch, with her head on the pillow.  At night, she always sleeps on the bed (which is funny because for the first two years I had her, she completely refused to sleep on the bed).  The other night, she woke up in the middle of the night and started scratching.  I rolled over and nudged her since she has a tendency to scratch herself raw when her allergies act up.  Iris indignantly hopped off the bed.  I could hear her moving around in the dark looking for a place to settle down.  Then very slowly, she crept back on the bed.  And stood there.  Staring at me.  As if I wouldn't notice her getting back on the bed as long as she did it slowly?  I told her she could lie down, and she very happily settled back down on the bed for the rest of the night

I was thinking about it the next day, and I'm pretty sure she got back on the bed because she couldn't figure out where dogs are supposed to sleep if they're not sleeping on the bed.  Spoiled much?

Another photo of Iris asleep on the couch with her head still on the pillow.

1 comment: