Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Massage and Stretching

Last night I went to the first night of a two part seminar on massage and stretching for dogs (specifically targeted to dogs doings sports like agility). I really enjoyed it! Last night focused on stretching and warms up /cool down. There were dogs there to practice on, and I got to work with Makin. She is such a sweetheart! I can see why Neil and Leal have two Vizslas. They're great dogs. Makin was so good about being the practice dog.

When I got home, I got a thorough once over from Iris. I went to the barn and played with ANOTHER DOG! How dare I? Once I started practicing the stretches on Iris, all was forgiven and she lay on her back and fell asleep. Goofy girl! The only thing she resisted stretching was her knees, which I thought was worth noting since yesterday afternoon she was running around jumps that she won't usually go around. She didn't whine when I did her knees, she just pulled away. When I went even slower and gentler, she was fine. Her gait looks fine to me and she's doing weaves without hesitation today (I opted for jump bars on the ground today to give her a break). I'll just keep an eye on her.

1 comment:

Katrin said...

Glad you enjoyed it! :-)